This morning I woke up with a desire to write. I have to admit, as much as I love writing for this here little blog, that mood hasn’t struck me in quite some time. Maybe it’s the heat wave that we have been having here in Southern California for the past week. The heat brings out a desire to hang out working in my yard all day, to run, drink beer, play outside as much as the sun will allow, drink beer, and drink beer. Doing things that I loved to do, including write.
So after I was excited that I wanted to spend some time working on the blog, it occurred to me that I have absolutely nothing new to write about. But that’s just it. Everything that I have ever written about on my blog are things that I haven’t been doing for the past 4 months or so, they are things that I do often, and that I love. Yes it’s mostly about running, which I do love, but also haven’t been doing in quite some time. Did you understand that? So it could be interesting, a ‘what’s been going on with Kate type thing.’ So I welcome you to the list of not so interesting, or interesting things that I have been doing.
1. School. This is nothing new, but definitely has been taking up
too much a lot of time.
2. Work. This is once again not new, but it gets old. I want to go have fun!
3. A puppy. This is new, and it just occurred to me that I have yet to introduce the blogosphere to the newest member of the family, Rocky. Puppies are fun, but also more work than anyone should have to deal with. Would I get another? Probably.
4. Minor B baseball. Baseball has always been a huge part of our family, whether it be Joe’s ( that’s the man in the house) men’s softball 4 nights a week and counting, or little N’s baseball. The thing is though, minor B baseball is a lot more kiddo baseball than we’re used to, and quite frankly, it takes up a ton of time.
5. Annual Disneyland Memberships. This is huge in a super exciting kind of way. Our family splurged this year and got memberships to Disneyland. Why you might ask? Well, Dland is awesome, and most people that I tell this to, think I’m nuts. I have always loved Dland, although I may not a year from now. Now mind you, dland is the furthest place away from being out on a trail in the boonies by myself, where I am super happy and content. Dland makes me happy in a different kind of way. It’s a good thing I wrote this post so that you people out there who think that they know me, learn a bit about the me. HA!
6. Big Bear Lake. I love Big Bear, and I am not just saying that because I went there recently and it was awesome. Big Bear honestly holds a place in my heart, and let it be known now, I will have my very own cabin there someday. I have been there numerous times, and each time I have to say goodbye to the beautiful mountain town, it pulls at my heartstrings a little. The family and I enjoyed an early vaca there already this year and stayed in a cabin, which was fun and exciting!
Ok and here’s a big one….
7. No beer drinking for me. What?!?! Did you know that this was even possible? Don’t get me wrong, I love drinking beer. I’m a beer girl. But I don’t have to drink beer, unlessit’sasuperhotdayliketodayandalliwantisafingbeer, then I have to drink a beer. But really I just haven’t been in the mood. Don’t worry, I’m sure it’s just a phase.
*Edited* Shortly after writing this post I went out to hang with friends and this happened. I’ll take the man size please. Told you it was just a phase.
So I guess that’s it for me, for now. It seems things may be turning around a bit, and who knows, you may see a post about the old things that I used to love, running, drinking, trail adventuring, running, eating, beer drinking and beer drinking. Wait… I still do love those things. Oh well.
Running Beer Drinking Adventuring Day