This breakfast or anytime meal is super easy to make and kids love it too. Sometimes I like to add in pureed fruit or vegetables such as sweet potatoes, butternut squash or carrot into the egg mixture to add additional flavor and nutrients. This recipe is very adaptable, hope you have fun with it like me.
- 2 slices sourdough bread
- 1 egg
- 1/4 C. milk
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- cooking spray
- 1 tbsp. Udo’s oil 3-6-9 Blend (optional)
- fresh fruit (optional)
Here We Go:
- Crack egg into a shallow bowl, add milk and whisk together. Add cinnamon and whisk again. Set aside.
- Turn pan onto medium, wait until it gets hot then spray with olive oil cooking spray just to coat.
- Place 1 slice bread in egg mixture, let it soak into one side of the bread. Don’t let it soak too long or it will soak through and you will have a soggy mess. Turn bread slice to allow the other side to soak, then add to the hot pan. Do the same with the remaining pieces.
- Cook both sides of the bread until they brown, usually 3-4 mins.
- Top with syrup and fruit if desired. If you also would like to add the Udo’s oil blend, keep in mind that heat destroys the properties in the oil, so refrain from using it right away on the hot food.
Happy Eating 🙂