I love tacos and in honor or Taco Tuesday I decided to have breakfast tacos!! These are super easy and quick to make and also very low-fat. Yummy!!
Wanna make your own breakfast tacos? If you don’t have the same veggies or fruit on hand just use what you have, which makes this recipe a good one to clean out the fridge 🙂 Here’s how I made mine:
1/4 cup diced bell peppers
1/4 cup diced onion
1 whole egg
1 egg white
Trader Joe’s Olive Oil cooking spray
2 corn tortillas
Trader Joes Serrano Salsa fresca
1 cup strawberries
- When your pan is good and hot spray it with the cooking spray. You will be sauteing the veggies in this, so if you go too light they may stick to the pan.
- Add the bell peppers and onions, or whatever you have on hand. Saute until they soften.
- Whisk the eggs together and add to the pan and cook until they are no longer slimy. Generally about 3-5 minutes. I generally eat egg whites because I don’t want all of the added fat and cholestrol, but egg yolks have choline in them, a B-complex vitamin thats beneficial for brain function.
- Warm tortillas in a pan then add the egg mixture. Top with salsa.
- Grab a handful of berries and enjoy!